If your FTP program is not connecting properly, here are some possible reasons:
- Make sure you're using SFTP (Secure FTP), and not the old and unsecure FTP.
- Make sure you use port 1022, many SFTP programs use port 22 as default.
- Make sure your username and password are the same as your host emails
- username and password (unless you have changed your password).
- You firewall could be blocking the connection
- Make sure you have the server(host) from your host email for host name(+ sftp:// extension first).
- Some FTP programs require a path in order to connect. Your path would be in the host mail.